- Teacher Guide
- Student Workbook
- Customizable Resources
- Assessment Tools
- Extension Activities
- Sample Files
- Parent Letters
Item Number: SNR-DESIGNER
Technology Integration: Language Arts.
Technology Skill: Desktop publishing, Graphics
Program: Microsoft SharePoint Designer
Includes: Interacting with SharePoint Designer, Working with Files, Web design 101, Creating a Basic Page, Adding Text, Adding elements, Adding advanced elements, Creating and Opening site, Navigating through sites, modify site pages, page properties, Editing text, formatting toolbar, using layers, managing windows, printing a site, Html and code view, tag properties, using pre-defined tags, adding pictures, clip art and other files, formatting images, creating hyperlinks, modifying hyperlinks, creating hotspots publishing your site.
Session 1: Getting Started
Introducing SharePoint Designer, use of common toolbar, use of status bar, understand the structure of Website, Create user-friendly links.
Session 2: Creating a Basic Page
Introducing the concept of creating a basic page, design view, basic effects, replace feature, adding forms, labels, text areas and many more.
Session 3: Creating Sites and Advanced Pages
Explaining about File structure of site, site creation with the help of template, importing Web site, changing of Hyperlink color, Set backgrounds, margin sizes.
Session 4: Doing More with Text
Explanation on how to cut, copy and paste text, change of font type, color, use of font dialogue, spell check, use of Clip Art task pane.
Session 5: Printing and viewing your Site
Explaining managing of windows, use of minimize, maximize and restore, arranging windows, how to design view, use of Print preview toolbar, specify the number of copies to be printed.
Session 6: Advanced File Tasks
Explaining about use of my computers within SharePoint Designer, use the My place toolbar, Navigate using My computer, understand file format, Manage web pages and web sites, creating Dynamic Web templates, modify them and detach them.
Session 7: A HTML Primer
Understanding Html and code View, basics about Html, using of Code view, Optimize HTML, use of Alignment attributes, Use of Html menu, use of Pre-defined Html code.
Session 8: Beyond Text
Explaining abut adding pictures, Clip Art and other files, Resize of the image, use of Auto thumbnail, use of Picture toolbar, beveled edge, flip and rotate image, arrangement of images.
Session 9: Hyperlinks and Hotspots
Introduction to hyperlinks, modifications to a hyperlink, adding a screen tip, adding of hotspot, removing a hotspot, creation of bookmark, set publishing options, use of FTP.
Optional Designer Lesson Plans
- Introduction of Microsoft SharePoint Designer: Basics, working with SharePoint Designer.
- Creating sites and pages: Creating opening sites, modifications in pages and its properties.
- File Tasks: My computer and SharePoint designer, importing and exporting with it.
- Creating a Basic Page: Addition of text, working with text.
- Printing and viewing site: Managing the complete window of Print.
- HTML Primer: Introduction of basics of HTML, Adding and editing of pictures, images, text.
Microsoft SharePoint Designer and Html
Introducing Microsoft SharePoint and HTML to the beginners in this curriculum. All the basic concerning creation of site, basics of HTML, addition of text and image modifications, addition of hyperlinks and hotspots. Finally publishing of their own site is been covered in this curriculum.
- Understand the basics of SharePoint Designer.
- Create own web pages.
- Use of elements and advanced elements in the Pages.
- Create site and navigate through sites.
- Adding and editing the text using format toolbar.
- Understand the complete use of Print window.
- Understand the basics of HTML and coding.
- Create HTML pages with addition of pictures, images and clip art.
- Understand how to create hyperlinks and hotspots.
- Learn to publish a site with all the learn basics.
Introducing Microsoft SharePoint and Html to the beginners in this curriculum. All the basic concerning creation of site, basics of Html, addition of text and image modifications, addition of hyperlinks and hotspots. Finally publishing of their own site is been covered in this curriculum.